- Description of the application: Piston Compressor between 2 and 15 kW
- Former type of transmission: V-Belt
- Type of users: Private & Professionals
- Complaints: Costs / High level noise
Problems & Consequences
- High acquisition costs: Use of large diameter pulley and thick V-belt groove generates costs.
- Energy costs: Piston Compressor requires a powerful motor of large size to have a correct output.
- Life time: Shocks and tortional vibrations decrease life time of the V belt.
- Noise: V-belt becomes noisier as it loses tension..
Solution & Benefits
HUTCHINSON SOLUTION: FLEXONIC®
- Lowacquisition costs: Pulley diameter is reduced and the thick V‐belt groove is eliminated, which lead to savings of between 20 to 25% on raw material purchase.
- Savings: FleXonic® solution saves energy by allowing you to equip your piston compressor with a smaller, lower horse power motor with comparable results.
- Increased reliability: The elasticity of the FleXonic® belt absorbs shocks and tortional vibrations of a piston compressor, avoiding further transmission of the vibrations and increasing the drive’s durability.
- Silence: The FleXonic® belt has elastic properties that guarantee an automatic and continuous tension : vibrations are absorbed and running noise is reduced leading to a gain of 2dBa.