DECOUPLING ALTERNATOR PULLEY
BY HUTCHINSON BELT DRIVE SYSTEMS.
DAP (Decoupling Alternator Pulley), an innovative technology with a clutch, designed for greater power transmission efficiency.
The DAP will improve performance for new and existing products where there is a high level of torsional vibration.
- Improved vibratory performance in the FEAD System.
- Reduction of dynamic tension in the belt, belt slip on pulleys and span vibration.
- Optimization of belt operating tension.
COMPARISON: CONVENTIONAL VS DAP SYSTEM
ADVANTAGES OF THE DAP SYSTEM:
- Reduction of belt tension variations.
- Reduction of slippage.
- Reduction of installation tension.
- Reduction in power losses.
More details in our DAP leaflet.
OPTIMISING YOUR FEAD SYSTEM
Using two Hutchinson products, the DAP (Decoupling Alternator Pulley) and the Stretchy belt as a complete solution.