- Description of the application: Pulper for paper industry
- Former type of transmission: Sets of v‐belts
- Type of users: Paper industries
- Complaints: Maintenance / Short lifespan
Problems & Consequences
- Settling and maintenance operations: Set of V‐belts drive requires precise and equal tension level in all belts. Several hours of loss of production and important maintenance costs to retension the belts.
- Breakage: Non equal tension of the V belts can generate a short lifespan of the V-belts.
Solution & Benefits
HUTCHINSON SOLUTION: POLY V PM –aramidcord
- No Maintenance: Maintenance operations are not requested anymore during the total lifespan of the belt.
- Increased Lifespan: A single belt with mono structure and homogeneous tension ensure an extended lifespan of the belt.
- Compact drive: Poly V belt enables to reduce the pulleys diameters and the belt's width. Acquisition costs are also reduced.