- Description of the application: Crusher
- Former type of transmission: Sets of V‐belts
- Type of users: Mines and Quarries
- Complaints: Maintenance / Short lifespan / Drive dimensions
Problems & Consequences
- Maintenance operations: Set of V‐belts drive requires precise and equal tension level in all belts. Detension generates flapping and loss of efficiency. Several hours of loss of production and important maintenance costs to retension the belts.
- Breakage: Non equal tension of the V‐belts can generate a short lifespan of the belts. A belt breakage will stop the machine during several hours.
- Drive dimensions: Crusher requires large and expensive pulleys and belts to transmit high power.
Solution & Benefits
HUTCHINSON SOLUTION: POLY V PM –Aramid Cord
- No Maintenance: Maintenance operations are not requested anymore during the total lifespan of the belt.
- Increased Lifespan: A single belt with mono structure and homogeneous tension ensure an extended lifespan of the belt.
- Compact drive: Poly V belt enables to reduce the pulleys diameters and the belt’s width. Output is above 95%. Aramid cord can transmit +30% of power with equal geometry. Acquisition costs are also reduced.