The Poly V® is a power transmission belt featuring multiple longitudinal ribs.
It transmits the torque by contact of the belt rib flanks and the pulley grooves.
Its monobloc design guarantees:
- High power transmission
- Operating cost
Poly V® belt Applications
The Poly V® has been designed with a larger contact surface area than V belts or flat belts.
The Poly V® has multiple application benefits:
- Improved transmission ratio is possible (Poly V® 1 : 60 vs V belt 1 : 20). Does away with the need for stepped pulleys.
- Reduced diameters (diameters up to 9mm with the H profil compared to 50mm with V belts).
- Reduced belt width for a given geometry and the same power transfer.
Moreover, the Poly V® can operate in flexion and counter flexion with the following benefits:
- A single belt can drive several accessories: serpentine belt installation.
- Driving accessories from the back of the belt.
Smaller carbon footprint
Iso-tension and iso-geometry technical tests show that the Poly V® can achieve an output several percent higher: over 98%, which can reduce energy consumption and sometime even engine size.
- Reduced diameter and pulley width.
- Reduced belt length.
- No need for inertia flywheels in some cases.
- Machining of pulleys is facilitated: the Poly V® can be used on smooth pulleys (receivers).
- Rapid set up (1 Poly V® can replace up to 15 V belts).
- No need for matching.
- Increased lifespan.
- Reduced consumption due to high output.