- Description of the application: Industrial Washing Machine > 15kg
- Former type of transmission: V-belt
- Type of users: Communities / Professionals
- Complaints: Drive dimensions / Output
PROBLEMS & CONSEQUENCES
- Drive dimensions: Use of large diameter pulley to transmit the high power (15 kW).
- Belt slipping: Generation of imbalance and intermittant inertia of the linen during rotation. The linen is insufficiently mixed and it creates noise.
- Spin‐drying speed: Centrifugal effect on the V-belt does not enable an optimal drying speed.
- Maintenance: Short life of the V-belts needs costly maintenance operations and harms quality image.
SOLUTION & BENEFITS
HUTCHINSON SOLUTION: PK POLY V®
- Compact transmission: A 56 mm diameter drive pulley is enough to drive a drum with 110Kg of linen.
- Controlled slipping: Increased surface contact area of the ribbed profile enables a maximized grip and constant drumspeed (optimum cleaning quality) generating less noise.
- High linear speed: With its reduced mass, the Poly V® belt transmits more power at a higher speed.
- Long life: Less costs of maintenance and a good quality image.