- Description of the application: Roller Conveyor behind wood saw to transport cut shelves
- Former type of transmission: Chains with tensioning sprockets
- Type of users: Saw Mill Companies
- Complaints: High wear / Critical use of oil / Dirt
Problems & Consequences
- Abrasion: High wear on chains generates frequent maintenance intervals, which leads to additional costs.
- Lubrication: Oil/ grease for chains could contaminate product on conveyor. High risk of waste products.
- Dirt: Saw dust in combination with oil / grease creates corrosion on sprokets and pollutes working places.
Solution & Benefits
HUTCHINSON SOLUTION: POLY V® PK DRIVE
- Service: Poly V® PK belts nearly maintenance free.
- Transmission: Clean run without oil / grease, no risk of contamination on product.
- Environment: Saw dust stays dry and will be blown out grooved pulleys, easy to clean working places and no corrosion.